Sunday, April 7, 2013

T- minus 7 hours

My surgery is 7 hours from now.  I am nervous and excited and I just want to go in and get it done.  We are leaving home in about 4 1/2 hours.  I have my bag packed and everything at home is in order for while I am in the hospital.  I found myself praying many times today that everything goes well and that I don't die and leave my kids without a mom, I can't help but worry, it's my nature.  It doesn't help that I am a nurse and probably know a little too much about what can go wrong. 

The anesthesiologist called me this evening and chatted for a bit, he said the OR is booked for 4 hours, hopefully it doesn't take that long.

I had to use antimicrobial wipes all over my skin after showering tonight, they are gross, they left my skin tacky and itchy...blech.

I had my husband take some before pictures tonight and I took a bunch of measurements.  The time is here...let's roll!!

I'll post as soon as I feel up to it when I get home from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment